- Transferring Terraform state in S3 over to another project (22 Jan 2019)
Terraform state files in S3 are the way forward, but when you need to split a project, managing those state files requires care
- Web service review and Cloud audit (Checklist)
Beyond the code, there's so much that needs to be thought about when launching and running a production-grade, scalable and extensible app or web service. Let's get specific!
- Storing Terraform state in S3 (01 Oct 2018)
Terraform is a great solo tool but, when you start working together as a team, keep the tfstate files in the Cloud (S3)
- How to go to the Cloud, well (01 Oct 2018)
Cloud might feel like a tick-box purchasing decision, but getting tangible business outcomes from a Cloud strategy is all about the people.
- Cloud framework (Roadmap)
Start simple, start with people, but aim for a holistic well-constructed Cloud.
- Spinning up AWS Lambda functions (Part 1) (22 Apr 2018)
Serverless infrastructure holds great promise but building something fast that runs fast requires planning.
- Cost of Dev-Ops Collaboration (08 Apr 2018)
Collaboration is brilliant - the only way - but managing the volatility, uncertainty, confusion and ambiguity associated with it is expensive.
- Getting Started in the DevOps space (01 Apr 2018)
The Development-Operations world is a wash with some fantastic tools, but sometimes getting started can be too great an impediment to realise the 'DevOps' efficiency promise.
- Scalability trumps speed (25 Mar 2018)
Serverless promises a world without low-level worries, but what's it like at scale?
- Help! We can't find the DevOps people. Do we already have the DevOps people? (19 Mar 2018)
With market demand for Site Reliability engineers, DevOps engineers and Service Automation engineers eclipsing supply, at what point does cross-training become the only way to keep pace with the ever-more-automated world?
- Kubernetes for a migratable future (18 Feb 2018)
Serverless function-as-a-service (like AWS Lambda) is magic, but it's hard to commit at this early stage.
- Doing it Smart (10 Feb 2018)
It's great fun doing it clever, but sometimes keeping it simple is harder.
Here are a collection of posts from our team on DevOps culture, tools and collaboration.